One day and very varied tour. You will visit the border of mainland Greece and the Peloponnese, visit the famous Corinth Canal, the resort of Lutraki and its environs. As well as the ancient Greek Temple of Ireon – Perachora and the lighthouse on Cape Melagkawi. The program of this tour also includes relaxing on the beach of the salt-fresh lake Vulyagmenis Lutraki and swimming in its healing waters. Amazing landscapes of the Gulf of Corinth throughout your journey will leave the most unforgettable experience. Take along cameras, bathing suits and towels, and drinking water.
You can read more detailed and step-by-step tour program below. This tour is one-day and lasts from 9-10 hours. The tour is very exciting and not at all tiring.
The Corinth Canal was built in 1893 at the narrowest point at the junction of mainland Greece and the Peloponnese Peninsula. The length of the channel is 6.3 km. The channel serves as a junction of the Saronic and Corinthian bays. Once the sailors had to go around the entire Peloponnese to get to the Gulf of Corinth and the Ionian Sea it took a lot of hours and maybe days. Now it is only a 30-40 minute passage through the channel. The view from the bridge to the canal and the passing boats is amazing. There are several cafes near the canal where you can drink coffee and souvenir shops.
The path from your villa to the Corinth Canal will run along the Attica Odos highway and will last from 70 - 90 minutes depending on which resort you live in. Personal time at the Corinth Canal is 50-60 minutes.
Lutraki resort is a famous Greek resort at all times of the year. In addition to the delightful promenade with beautiful beaches in Lutraki, there are thermal wellness springs. The resort has many resorts with thermal pools that take vacationers for health tourism all year round. The beautiful green nature around the resort and mountain rivers that fall to the sea create beautiful waterfalls is another amazing attraction of this resort. From the Corinth Canal to the resort of Lutraki and waterfalls only 15-20min. the way. The stop at the waterfalls is not great for about 20 minutes.
Leaving the city of Lutraki, we continue our journey along the mountain on the coastal ridge along the soft serpentine with amazing views of the sea and mountains (you can stop for a photo session), the scenery is simply amazing. We are heading to the Ireon Temple - Perakhora and the lighthouse on Cape Melagkawi. This is approximately 30-35 minutes. the way. The Ireon Temple is the majestic ruins of the sanctuary of the goddess Hera Acrea (outskirts) or Hera Limienia (sea, port). The temple is located in a fragrant resinous incense pine grove northwest of the city of Corinth. The temple was dedicated to the goddess Hera, the wife of lightning Zeus. The name Acrea (outskirts) was given to the Temple because it was built in the 9th century BC during the heyday of the Corinthian state and was located on its outskirts, so to speak, on the border. Merchant ships going to the Gulf of Corinth were obliged to stop at the Temple, bow to the goddess and bring a donation.
Melagkawi Lighthouse is located right next to the ruins of the temple and is the largest lighthouse in the Gulf of Corinth. For a visit to the lighthouse and the Temple you will blow 60-80min.
From Cape Melagkawi to the lake only 10 min. drive. Having completed the main program of our tour, we should be at the lake for dinner. On the beach of the lake there are several restaurants with sea food and cafes where you can have lunch. There are umbrellas and sunbeds on the beach. Rest by the lake 3-3.5 hours. After, fees and return home.
– The lessee is obliged to properly operate the leased object and equipment, keep the house clean and decent, and also respect the house using energy resources (water and electricity) and do not leave household appliances and cranes on when out of the house.
– The tenant is obliged to live in a rented object to observe the rules of decency, safety and respecting the customs of local residents to observe a quiet hour (from 15.00 to 17.30 and from 23.00 to the morning).
– The lessee is obliged to leave the leased object, hand over it to the lessor with all household appliances and furniture in the initial state, otherwise he is responsible for compensation for the damage caused to him.
– The use of water and wi-fi is included in the rent and is not obligated to additional surcharges, as well as electricity consumption.
BOOKING POLICY AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– from the moment of receipt by the tenant of the reference YOUR BOOKING IS ACCEPTED, the lessee is obliged to enter the pre-paid sum specified in the request before the indicated date table of the Date of Down Payment Amount and complete its reservation. In this period, the leased object is in the process of booking and is not offered by the agency to other clients. In the event that the prepayment is not paid at the agreed time, the agency and the administrator have the right to offer the facility to other customers and this post YOUR BOOKING IS ACCEPTED, it is considered invalid.
– The Lessee undertakes to pay the remaining amount of the rent, the amount of the insurance deposit for the preservation of the property and the amount for the final cleaning of the house on the day of his / her arrival in the leased object.
– The deposit for the preservation of property will be returned to the lessee at the time the leased object is handed over, unless there are any claims for compensation for damage to the equipment or furniture of the leased object, the tenant or members of his family.
– The Tenant undertakes to arrive at the leased object with the number of persons indicated in the reservation details in the confirmation voucher. Otherwise, we reserve the right to either not receive additional guests in the house, or to demand payment from him for additional persons.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE AGENCY:
– in case the client chooses the method of prepayment payment by bank transfer or the Unistream system, the agency undertakes to provide the client with a confirmation voucher of his reservation as soon as the advance payment is received by the agency.
– after completion of the booking, the agency undertakes to provide the Guarantee Armor to the client with the passport data of all members of his or her family or family for presentation to the embassy and obtaining a visa.
– the agency is obliged to organize a meeting of the client in the leased object at the agreed time and handing over of the keys and also the reception of the object on the day of departure, the surrender of the house.
– the agency undertakes to transfer the leased object to the tenant in excellent condition, clean, with clean and ironed bed linen and towels, with all utilities and equipment of the leased object in a state of full and normal operation, as well as sanitary installations (water supply, sewerage).
EQUIPMENT FOR THE LEASED OBJECT: 6 air-conditioners (two powerful in the living rooms and one in each bedroom), safe, very high-quality WI-Fi in the house and in the villa, TV, DVD, music center, mosquito nets on all windows and balcony doors, hair dryer in each bathroom. Washing machine, iron, ironing board and vacuum cleaner in the laundry.
Also a fully equipped kitchen: stove with oven, refrigerator with freezer and potable water cooler, dishwasher, microwave, espresso coffee machine, kettle and toaster, as well as utensils and everything necessary for cooking
– the agency agrees to repair the malfunction within two days in case of equipment failure during the lease period.
In case of cancellation of the reservation by the lessee, the lessee has the right to:
– to receive a full prepayment sum with a deduction of bank losses, if the cancellation takes place earlier than 2 (two) months (61 days) before the start date of the lease (check in).
– if the reservation is canceled by the lessee within a period of less than 2 months (61 days) prior to the starting date of the lease (check in), the prepayment for the reservation is not refundable.
In the event of cancellation of the reservation by the agency, the lessee is entitled.
– receive the full amount of the advance payment with compensation of bank losses for the transfer of funds.
– in case of cancellation of the reservation by the agency due to natural disaster, war, mobilization, fire, earthquake, etc. The entire amount of the advance payment is returned to the lessee without any additional charges.